Sunday, July 4, 2010
Water Breaking...
My due date was May 8, 2010. My last final exam for the spring semester was April 30th. I tried so hard to stay ahead and completed my classes by Thursday May 29th. I thought to myself, 'whew, I have one week to get everything in order before the baby comes.' Well, Friday, the 30th I went to my friend Mindy's house at 4:00pm. We were cutting out laminated lizards for her homeschool stuff. I noticed frequent cramps while I was there but didn't think anything of it. An hour and a half later when her husband was home I was telling him a story about my husband, but I couldn't concentrate because my cramps were getting worse and I continously had to pee. I lost total concentration on my story and got up to pee and my water broke, just a leak, but then another leak and another and another. Instead of going to a missionary farewell in our ward, I realized I needed to go home and call my midwife. So I called Joey on the way and told him my water broke. He said, "Now remember what Jan said (our birthing class instructor), you can drive to Georgia and back before you have to go to the hospital." When I called Missy Rogero, my midwife, she said to come to the hosptial to be checked just in case, but bring my back, also, just in case. So, Joey came home and we got to the hospital by 7:00pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment